Monday, February 20, 2012

SULateNightStampers Inspiration Challenge

Good Monday morning all!  Today is the first day of this weeks challenge over at SULateNightStampers and this is my sample for this week!  Now here is the inspiration photo that we had to go by!


Isn't that just the cutes cake and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to use it to may this card for my granddaughter's 9th birthday which is not until May!  But, that child is all about some glitter and pink/black.  So since I knew it would be for a birthday card for her, now came the part of how to put it together until I remembered this weeks sketch from Stampin Queen's sketch challenge!  Just seemed to be just what I was looking for!  And I thought it turned out great.

Here is a side view!



And, of course you have to do the inside of the card!  On the inside, I used the 2-Way Glue Pen and made dots all around the card and then added the Fine Galaxy Black Glitter.  I let it dry and then attached it to the inside of the card as you see here.



The Designer Paper above is the hostess DSP - Cheerful Treat!

All items used are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Set: Create a Cupcake
Card Stock: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla
Classic Ink: Melon Mambo
2 Way Glue Pen
Fine Galaxy Black glitter
1/2" round punch, 3/4" round punch, 1" round punch
Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
Black Glimmer brad
1/2" Chantilly Crochet Trim Ribbon

Well that is it for today and I hope your week is just fabulous!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Love the embossed layers on this! you nailed the inspiration!

Nancy said...

That is just the sweetest inspiration photo and you really matched it fabulously! Love this sweet card and I'm sure your grand-daughter will too! Don't polka dots make you happy? :o)