Thursday, January 31, 2013

MDS On the Go Kit on Canvas

I am still helping my daughter work on her baby room which is yellow and gray bedding with cars on it.  And so I thought I would use the kit in My Digital Studio called "On the Go" to print out the vehicles, cut them out and then attach them to canvas.  First of all I had to paint the canvas a sky blue and then add the pavement or dirt whichever I felt was needed.  In one I had to add the ocean and I thought I did a pretty good scene with that one especially since I am not an artist.  This really makes you feel like one though.  Then I used Mod Podge to adhere the image over the paint and then kind of painted a little around the vehicles to give them more of a painted look. Here are the 8X8 canvases I did for the baby's room to match the bedding.
 
Here is the car and truck!
 
 
And the tractor and boat!
 
 
How cool is that! I hope my daughter likes the outcome.  I sure did have fun working with them. Now here is her bedding!.  This is not the baby's name, I found this picture on-line under Pottery Barn.  Do you think it will match OK?
 
 
Thanks for looking and hope to have something new for you tomorrow!
Blessings and Good Night!


3 comments:

Jan Marie said...

Clever you!! These are just darling and I think that set from PB will coordinate beautifully!! Loved the baby shower decor, favors, gifts, etc. You are amazing!!! And. . .how exciting for your family: another sweet little one!! Blessings, Jonia!

Natalie said...

Awesome job, Grammy!!! Very sweet canvases. Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

These cards are adorable, Jonia, and perfectly coordinated to the bedding! Bravo and well done! I love them. Thanks for inspiring!